Transportation/Discharge from Clinic
- A responsible adult must accompany you home in a car or taxi. This person needs to stay with you for at least 12 hours and should be able to physically support you. We require the name and phone number of your companion prior to the dental procedure.
- You cannot drive for 24 hours following the dental procedure.
Food, Beverage, and Smoking
- Nothing to eat or drink for 8 hours prior to the dental procedure with the exception of a sip of water to take medications.
- No alcohol for 24 hours prior to, and following the dental procedure.
- Do not smoke the morning of the dental procedure.
- Do not use any recreational drugs (e.g. marijuana) for at least 24 hours prior to the procedure.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing including a short-sleeve t-shirt.
- Do not wear contact lenses.
- Do not wear any scented products, make-up, nail polish, or jewelry. Deodorant is OK.
- Men: moustache need to be trimmed short and above the lips.
- Any change in your health status (e.g. illness, medication change) needs to be reported to the office prior to the dental procedure.
- Women: we need to know if you are pregnant, trying to become pregnant, or breastfeeding.